Certified Personal Fitness Trainer &
Study From Home and Participate in live hands-on/practical clinical internship
GET TRAINED & NATIONALLY CERTIFIED in a few days. National Certification Included in Tuition.
New Career Training Institute’s accelerated home study Fitness Trainer & Nutrition Specialist program features a blended 300-hours of online lecture or paper-based study material in the comfort of your own home, and a required two days of live hands-on/practical clinical internship with a Licensed instructor held in a classroom lab or healthcare setting that will give you real-life experience you can put on your résumé and prepare you for a new career. National Certification Included in Tuition.
How long does it take to complete this program?
This program is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace.
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a full time basis is about 4 weeks
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a part time basis is about 6 weeks
Complete your course work online, through the mail, or in combination.
You can study either via the paper-based or the online method: Click here for a full breakdown of how it Works
Scientifically-based Everyone knows it is important to exercise, yet sticking with it remains a problem. This course is packed with the highest quality of information which will allow you to develop the skills and techniques needed to maximize participation rates in order to truly change lives.
The Personal Training Program is based upon fundamental scientific research in the field of physical activity. This course is for those interested in providing personal training, fitness guidance, and implementing individualized programs that are safe, effective and motivational.
The Certified Personal Trainer Program at New Career Training Institute includes lessons that are easy to follow, yet challenging and stimulating at the same time.
After completing the Personal Trainer program, students will be able to:
- Explain how physical activity, diet, and lifestyle modifications are integrated to improve overall health and wellbeing.
- Describe the many techniques used to safely participate in cardiorespiratory and strength endurance training programs.
- List the components and procedures used to design personal health and wellness programs that address nutrition, body fitness and lifestyle modifications.
- Detail the development of specific diet and nutrition plans that meet the unique needs of various fitness programs for both athletes and non-athletes.
- Obtain professional certification as a Personal Trainer through the National Council on Strength and Fitness (NCSF).
- Fitness and Wellness
- Coronary Risk Factors
- Medical Screening
- Exercise and Safety
- Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Blood Pressure and Body Composition (Skinfolds)
- Fitness Assessments
- Exercise Physiology
- Goal Setting
- Exercise Guidelines
- Strength and Flexibility Training
- Cardiovascular Training
- Motivational Strategies
- Business Principles for Personal Trainers
Specifics About the Course:
- Classes are divided into two components: Home study learning /lecture and Clinical Lab experience
- Learning /lecture – is done at your own pace on your schedule (approximately total 300 hours).
- Clinical Lab experience – Students are required to complete hands-on practical training at a pre-approved clinical setting.
- Course Materials – are included.
- Tutoring – One-on-one communication with your instructor.
- Exam Preparation – FREE CERTIFICATION PREPARATION prior to students taking their certification exams.
- Certification Exams are administered on site at clinical lab session.
- Clinical Class size – Class sizes are kept small to maximize instructor to student learning.
- Payment – affordable, interest free, low monthly payment plans.
- Tuition $998
- Separate Registration Fee $260
- Completion Time: The length of this program is (approximately 300 hours).
This program will prepare you to take the national certification exam through the American Council on Exercises (ACE), or the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). You will also learn exercise science and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
There are a lot of opportunities for Certified Personal Trainers:
- Public fitness facilities and YMCAs
- Resorts and hotels
- Schools and churches
- Private homes
How Much Do Certified Personal Trainers Make?
Fitness trainers and instructors make an annual salary of $31,720.¹