Study From Home
GET TRAINED & NATIONALLY CERTIFIED in a few days. National Certification Included in Tuition.
New Career Training Institute’s accelerated home study Paralegal program features a blended 300-hours of online lecture or paper-based study material in the comfort of your own home, and mentoring to prepare you for a new career.. National Certification Included in Tuition.
Method of Evaluation: Students must achieve a minimum of 70% final average and must be in attendance 100% of the mandatory 2-day externship in order to pass competencies. Students must be in proper attire (casual attire, properly groomed)
Certification: Included in this course is the National exam.
Textbook(s): are included in the cost of tuition and will be distributed via mail or email.
Expectations for taking this course: Homework assignments will be submitted and quizzes will be taken by the student.
How long does it take to complete this program?
This program is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace.
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a full time basis is about 8 weeks
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a part time basis is about 12 weeks
Prepare to learn professional skills and work closely with attorneys in our Paralegal Studies program. The Paralegal Certificate Program at New Career Training Institute students how to research cases, draw up legal documents, interview witnesses and prepare corporate, civil and criminal cases for trial. Our Paralegal training online includes an Advanced Specialty Course at no additional cost. Lawyers specialize and so should you!
Externship – Additional Externships are available to you. It is a 40-hour clinical externship for $300. The additional 40-hour clinical externships are available once you have completed the Training course. The 40 externship hours are not included in this training. Please contact Paula when you are ready to register for the 40- hour-externship. The educational objective of this externship gives students the chance to spend up to 40 hours in diverse settings and practice hands-on skills. *Externships start twice a month in 36 states on the 1st and the 15th.
PROGRAM TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Legal process
- Court structure
- Interviewing and investigation
- Document preparation
- Writing and analysis
- Research skills
- Use of LexisNexis and Westlaw
- Substantive topics of laws, torts, contracts, civil procedures, family law
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Paralegal Studies program, students will be able to:
- Locate and apply relevant state and federal statutes from every jurisdiction.
- Research applicable federal and state case law using LexisNexis or a similar online legal database for any relevant issue.
- Draft basic legal documents such as complaints, answers, contracts, etc. from scratch or from an existing template.
- Perform legal tasks in an ethical manner in accordance with the Model Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Avoid unauthorized practice of law by distinguishing between tasks that must be done by an attorney and those that can be done by a legal assistant.
- Prepare and write legal memoranda, motions, and other court documents for review by an attorney.
- Assist in the civil litigation process by conducting various investigative and discovery-related tasks.
- Draft interoffice memoranda for the purpose of advising or informing supervising attorneys.
- Take and pass the CLA/CP exam given by the National Association of Legal Assistants, and earn the designation Certified Paralegal / Certified Legal Assistant
Specifics About the Course:
- Classes are divided into two components: Home study learning /lecture and Clinical Lab experience
- Learning /lecture – is done at your own pace on your schedule (approximately total 300 hours).
- Clinical Lab experience – Students are required to complete hands-on practical training at a pre-approved clinical setting.
- Course Materials – are included.
- Tutoring – One-on-one communication with your instructor.
- Exam Preparation – FREE CERTIFICATION PREPARATION prior to students taking their certification exams.
- Certification Exams are administered on site at clinical lab session.
- Clinical Class size – Class sizes are kept small to maximize instructor to student learning.
- Payment – affordable, interest free, low monthly payment plans.
- Tuition $799
- Separate Registration Fee $260
- Completion Time: The length of this program is (approximately 300 hours).
Paralegalism is one of the fastest growing careers in the country. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects the number of paralegals to increase 28% between 2008 and 2018, much faster than the national average for all occupations.
The national median earnings for paralegals is currently $44,480.00/Year and freelance paralegal professionals average significantly more across the board.
Complete your course work online, through the mail, or in combination.
You can study either via the paper-based or the online method: Click here for a full breakdown of how it Works