Study From Home
GET TRAINED & NATIONALLY CERTIFIED in a few days. National Certification Included in Tuition.
New Career Training Institute’s accelerated home study Medical Transcription program features a blended 400-hours of online lecture or paper-based study material in the comfort of your own home, and mentoring to prepare you for a new career.. National Certification Included in Tuition.
How long does it take to complete this program?
This program is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace.
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a full time basis is about 4 weeks
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a part time basis is about 8 weeks
Begin an Exciting Career in Medical Transcription/ Healthcare Documentation
Medical Transcription/ Healthcare Documentation is one of the fastest growing home-based professions in the country. The demand for qualified healthcare documentation specialists continues to accelerate, creating unprecedented financial and career opportunities for people who have the skills to succeed in the fast-paced environment. New Career Training Institute offers a dynamic Medical Transcription/ Healthcare Documentation certificate that can be completed in 400 hours, completely online. NCTI is proud to offer many medical courses that provide a strong foundation and support for the exceptional healthcare documentation experience attained in our program
A medical transcriptionist is a medical language specialist who prepares a variety of medical reports and documents for patients’ medical records. As a medical transcriptionist, we’ll help you develop in-depth knowledge of the medical field and its associated terminology so you can excel in your career. You’ll also increase your computer and written communication skills. Graduates of this program may be eligible to take the national exam for certified medical transcriptionists.
The training will cover topics including:
- Medical terminology
- Medical transcription
- Intro to anatomy and physiology
- Business communication
Specifics About the Course:
- Classes are divided into two components: Home study learning /lecture and Clinical Lab experience
- Learning /lecture – is done at your own pace on your schedule (approximately total 400 hours).
- Clinical Lab experience – Students are required to complete hands-on practical training at a pre-approved clinical setting.
- Course Materials – are included.
- Tutoring – One-on-one communication with your instructor.
- Exam Preparation – FREE CERTIFICATION PREPARATION prior to students taking their certification exams.
- Certification Exams are administered on site at clinical lab session.
- Clinical Class size – Class sizes are kept small to maximize instructor to student learning.
- Payment – affordable, interest free, low monthly payment plans.
- Tuition $799
- Separate Registration Fee $260
- Completion Time: The length of this program is (approximately 400 hours).
With your medical transcription certificate, you will be prepared to perform medical transcription duties in a variety of healthcare settings including hospitals, clinics, insurance companies, government agencies, public health, home health agencies, long-term care facilities and dental offices
Complete your course work online, through the mail, or in combination.
You can study either via the paper-based or the online method: Click here for a full breakdown of how it Works