Medical Coding & Billing Specialist
Study From Home
GET TRAINED & NATIONALLY CERTIFIED in a few days. National Certification Included in Tuition.
New Career Training Institute’s accelerated home study Medical Billing & Coding program features a blended 500-hours of online lecture or paper-based study material in the comfort of your own home, and mentoring to prepare you for a new career.. National Certification Included in Tuition.
How long does it take to complete this program?
This program is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace.
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a full time basis is about 4 weeks
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a part time basis is about 8 weeks
Complete your course work online, through the mail, or in combination.
You can study either via the paper-based or the online method: Click here for a full breakdown of how it Works
Medical Billing And Coding Specialist
The Medical Coder / Biller program is a comprehensive certificate program. Medical Coding is the transformation of diseases, injuries and procedure descriptions into numerical designations. A Medical Coder/Biller reviews medical records and assigns codes to diagnoses and procedures to support clinical care, assist medical research, and provide information for reimbursement purposes.
Medical Coder/Billers are employed in hospitals, physician’s offices, other health care facilities, and insurance companies.
The Medical Coder/ Biller training program includes:
- Medical record science
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
- Disease process/pathophysiology
- Basic ICD-CM coding and advanced coding
- An Applied Technology
Diploma is awarded upon the successful completion of the program in accordance with State guidelines. Graduates may continue their education by earning an associate degree as an Accredited Health Information Management Technologist.
Specifics About the Course:
- Classes are divided into two components: Home study learning /lecture and Clinical Lab experience
- Learning /lecture – is done at your own pace on your schedule (approximately total 300 hours).
- Clinical Lab experience – Students are required to complete hands-on practical training at a pre-approved clinical setting.
- Course Materials – are included.
- Tutoring – One-on-one communication with your instructor.
- Exam Preparation – FREE CERTIFICATION PREPARATION prior to students taking their certification exams.
- Certification Exams are administered on site at clinical lab session.
- Clinical Class size – Class sizes are kept small to maximize instructor to student learning.
- Payment – affordable, interest free, low monthly payment plans.
- Tuition $799
- Separate Registration Fee $260
- Completion Time: The length of this program is (approximately 500 hours).
The length of this program is 500 hours (approximately 1 month).
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Job outlook for medical billing and coding specialist.
Medical billers and coders hold positions in physician offices, insurance companies, medical offices and more. Graduates who successfully complete their certification may apply for positions as a medical coder, medical records clerk, health information clerk and medical records coordinator. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for this career field is projected to grow 36% between 2012 and 2022.3