Study From Home and Participate in live hands-on/practical clinical externship
GET TRAINED & NATIONALLY CERTIFIED in a few days. National Certification Included in Tuition.
This program includes 3 National Certifications
- Medical Assistant
New Career Training Institute’s accelerated home study Administrative Medical Assistant program features a blended 100-hours of online lecture or paper-based study material in the comfort of your own home, and a required two days of live hands-on/practical clinical internship with a Licensed instructor held in a classroom lab or healthcare setting that will give you real-life experience you can put on your résumé and prepare you for a new career. National Certification Included in Tuition.
Method of Evaluation: Students must achieve a minimum of 70% final average and must be in attendance 100% of the mandatory 2 day clinical in order to pass competencies. Students must be in proper attire (any color scrubs, closed-toe shoes, properly groomed)
Certification: Included in this course is the National exam.
Textbook(s): are included in the cost of tuition and will be distributed via mail or email.
Expectations for taking this course: Homework assignments will be submitted and quizzes will be taken by the student.
During the course, there will be lab skills activities, and a mandatory 2-3 days at a clinic to practice your skills. The National Certification exam is included in this course. This is included in the tuition
How long does it take to complete this program?
This program is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace.
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a full time basis is about 8 weeks
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a part time basis is about 12 weeks
Complete your course work online, through the mail, or in combination.
You can study either via the paper-based or the online method: Click here for a full breakdown of how it Works
Externship – Additional Externships are available to you. It is a 40-hour clinical externship for $400. The additional 40-hour clinical externships are available once you have completed the Training course. The 40 externship hours are not included in this training. Please contact Dr. Miller when you are ready to register for the 40- hour-externship. The educational objective of this clinical externship gives students the chance to spend up to 40 hours in diverse settings and practice hands-on skills. *Clinical Externships start twice a month in 36 states on the 1st and the 15th.
The Administrative Medical Assistant Program
The NCTI Administrative Medical Assistant program is designed to help you prepare for a rewarding career in an exciting environment like a medical office, clinic, HMO or other health care setting. Today’s medical assistants play important roles assisting physicians, such as:
- Scheduling patient appointments;
- Maintaining patient medical records, and billing and coding information for insurance purposes;
- Taking and recording vital signs and medical histories;
- Preparing patients for examinations; and many other important responsibilities.
This program prepares students to function effectively in many of the administrative and clerical positions in the healthcare industry. It provides students a well-rounded introduction to medical administration that delivers the skills students require to obtain an administrative medical assistant position or advance within current their healthcare career. This course covers the following key areas and topics:
- History and background of the medical assisting profession
- Interpersonal skills, medical ethics, and basic medical law
- Telephone techniques and skills for scheduling appointments
- Medical terminology
- Basics of insurance billing and coding
- Medical records management and management of practice finances
Detailed Course Topics Covered
- An overview of the healthcare industry and expectations for a healthcare professional
- Role of the medical administrative assistant
- History of medicine, medicine and the law, medical malpractice, medical ethics, and medical practice specialties
- Ethical and legal issues, fraud abuse, and compliance
- Office and patient communication techniques, appointment scheduling, general office duties
- Technology in the healthcare environment
- Basic terminology used in the medical office
- Medical records management, confidentiality of the medical record, initiating a medical record for a new client, filing reports in the medical record
- HIPAA review and patient bill of rights and confidentiality
- Financial and practice management
- Health insurance coverage, and billing and coding procedures
- Professional fees, billing and collecting procedures, accounting systems, credit arrangements
- Medical accounting, financial statements, cost analysis, and budgets for the medical practice
- Specimen collection, laboratory safety, federal and state regulations
- Assisting with medical emergencies
- Career development
Specifics About the Course:
- Classes are divided into two components: Home study learning /lecture and Clinical Lab experience
- Learning /lecture – is done at your own pace on your schedule (approximately total 400 hours).
- Clinical Lab experience – Students are required to complete hands-on practical training at a pre-approved clinical setting.
- Course Materials – are included.
- Tutoring – One-on-one communication with your instructor.
- Exam Preparation – FREE CERTIFICATION PREPARATION prior to students taking their certification exams.
- Certification Exams are administered on site at clinical lab session.
- Clinical Class size – Class sizes are kept small to maximize instructor to student learning.
- Payment – affordable, interest free, low monthly payment plans.
- Tuition $998
- Separate Registration Fee $260
- Completion Time: The length of this program is (approximately 400 hours).
*A well-trained medical assistant is qualified to work in a variety of medical environments such as medical offices, clinics or hospitals. Graduates can expect to perform the following job duties:
- Take medical histories & vital signs
- Assist the physician with procedures
- Clean & sterilize equipment
- Perform office accounting, bookkeeping & billing*
- Prepare insurance claims*
The growth and the complexity of the U.S. healthcare system have resulted in a substantial increase in the need for qualified medical administrative assistants. Employment of a medical assistant is expected to grow an impressive 34% by 2018.
Program graduates receive a Certificate of Completion in Medical Assistant, Phlebotomy & EKG Training, which—can get them an entry-level job as a Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist or EKG technician. Students are also eligible to sit for the National Exam to become a certified medical assistant, phlebotomist, or EKG technician.
Most states regulate the duties that Medical assistants are allowed to perform through licensure, registration or certification. Medical Assistant Certification is an acknowledgment of a medical assistant’s qualifications and professional competence and may be an asset when seeking employment. Contact your state to learn more about certification requirements.