Study From Home and Participate in live hands-on/practical clinical internship
GET TRAINED & NATIONALLY CERTIFIED in a few days. National Certification Exam Included in Tuition.
This program includes 3 National Certifications
- Dialysis Technician
New Career Training Institute’s accelerated home study Dialysis Technician program features a blended 300-hours of online lecture or paper-based study material in the comfort of your own home, and a required two days of live hands-on/practical clinical internship with a Licensed instructor held in a classroom lab or healthcare setting that will give you real-life experience you can put on your résumé and prepare you for a new career. National Certification Exam Included in Tuition.
Method of Evaluation: Students must achieve a minimum of 70% final average and must be in attendance 100% of the mandatory 2 day clinical in order to pass competencies. Students must be in proper attire (any color scrubs, closed-toe shoes, properly groomed)
Certification: Included in this course is the National exam.
Textbook(s): are included in the cost of tuition and will be distributed via mail or email.
Expectations for taking this course: Homework assignments will be submitted and quizzes will be taken by the student.
During the course, there will be lab skills activities, and a mandatory 2-3 days at a clinic to practice your skills. The National Certification exam is included in this course.
How long does it take to complete this program?
This program is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace.
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a full time basis is about 8 weeks
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a part time basis is about 12 weeks
Complete your course work online, through the mail, or in combination.
You can study either via the paper-based or the online method:
Externship – Mandatory Clinical Externships are available to you. The educational objective of this clinical externship gives students the chance to spend up 2 days a week in diverse settings and practice hands-on skills. *Clinical Externships start twice a week.
The Dialysis Technician training program is designed to prepare students for employment as hemodialysis technicians or dialysis technicians.
The dialysis technician help patients with end stage renal disease (permanent kidney failure) receive safe and effective dialysis treatments by learning what dialysis is, how it is performed and how to properly use and maintain dialysis equipment to ensure the highest quality of care for these patients.
Dialysis Technician training includes such topics as:
- Anatomy & physiology of the renal system
- Infection control and standard precautions
- Maintenance and performance of dialysis equipment
- Procedural clinical proficiency
- Psychosocial aspects of renal failure
- Quality assurance and safety
- Renal failure and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Dialysis Technician students are introduced to a clinical setting and work along side a professional. Emphasis is placed on the skills and techniques used in dialysis, the proper use of dialysis equipment, and maintaining a safe and aseptic environment of the patient.
The Dialysis Technician course is 300 clock hours and will meet for 2 clinical sessions. Upon passing and completion of the course the student will be eligible to take the National Certification Exam. This exam will be taken the last 2 hours of the clinical session. There is no separate fee for the national exam through the National Healthcare Workers Association.
Specifics About the Course:
- Classes are divided into two components: Home study learning /lecture and Clinical Lab experience
- Learning /lecture – is done at your own pace on your schedule (approximately total 300 hours).
- Clinical Lab experience – Students are required to complete hands-on practical training at a pre-approved clinical setting.
- Course Materials – are included.
- Tutoring – One-on-one communication with your instructor.
- Exam Preparation – FREE CERTIFICATION PREPARATION prior to students taking their certification exams.
- Certification Exams are administered on site at clinical lab session.
- Clinical Class size – Class sizes are kept small to maximize instructor to student learning.
- Payment – affordable, interest free, low monthly payment plans.
- Tuition $6500
- Separate Registration Fee $150
- Completion Time: The length of this program is (approximately 300 hours).
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Program graduates receive a Certificate of Completion in Dialysis Technician, Phlebotomy & EKG Training, which—can get them an entry-level job as a Dialysis Technician, Phlebotomist or EKG technician. Students are also eligible to sit for the National Exam to become a certified Dialysis Technician, phlebotomist, or EKG technician.
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state.