Study From Home and Participate in live hands-on/practical clinical internship
GET TRAINED & NATIONALLY CERTIFIED in a few days. National Certification Included in Tuition.
New Career Training Institute’s accelerated home study Dental Assistant program features a blended 500-hours of online lecture or paper-based study material in the comfort of your own home, and a required two days of live hands-on/practical clinical internship with a Licensed instructor held in a classroom lab or healthcare setting that will give you real-life experience you can put on your résumé and prepare you for a new career. National Certification Included in Tuition.
Method of Evaluation: Students must achieve a minimum of 70% final average and must be in attendance 100% of the mandatory 2 day clinical in order to pass competencies. Students must be in proper attire (any color scrubs, closed-toe shoes, properly groomed)
Certification: Included in this course is the National exam.
Textbook(s): are included in the cost of tuition and will be distributed via mail or email.
Expectations for taking this course: Homework assignments will be submitted and quizzes will be taken by the student.
During the course, there will be lab skills activities, and a mandatory 2-3 days at a clinic to practice your skills. The National Certification exam is included in this course. This is included in the tuition
How long does it take to complete this program?
This program is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace.
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a full time basis is about 4 weeks
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a part time basis is about 8 weeks
Complete your course work online, through the mail, or in combination.
You can study either via the paper-based or the online method: Click here for a full breakdown of how it Works
Externship – Additional Externships are available to you. It is a 40-hour clinical externship for $300. The additional 40-hour clinical externships are available once you have completed the Training course. The 40 externship hours are not included in this training. Please contact Dr. Miller when you are ready to register for the 40- hour-externship. The educational objective of this clinical externship gives students the chance to spend up to 40 hours in diverse settings and practice hands-on skills. *Clinical Externships start twice a month in 36 states on the 1st and the 15th.
The Dental Assisting program is designed to provide the Dental Assisting student with the basic knowledge and skills to offer direct chair side assistance to the dentist, expose dental radiographs, and educate and instruct patients in preventative dental techniques. Students will be trained in infection control procedures, disease prevention, dental procedures and instruments, and business office procedures.
Instruction for Dental Assisting students includes training in:
- Aseptic Techniques
- Communication Skills
- CPR Health Care Provider
- Dental Anatomy and Nomenclature
- Dental Clinical Procedures
- Dental Office Emergencies
- Dental Radiography
- Dental/ Surgical Patient Care
- Dental Terminology
- HIV/AIDS, Domestic Violence, HIPPA
- Infection Control Techniques
- Legal and Ethical Responsibilities
- Pharmacology and Pain Control
- Job Readiness Skills (interview skills, resume writing, etc.)
The Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs’ Board of Dentistry is responsible for the licensing of individuals who want to practice dentistry, dental hygiene and advanced levels of dental assisting. Students attending a course in dental assisting that is offered by a licensed proprietary school that is not accredited by the American Dental Association are not eligible for licensure.
New Career Training Institute is classified as a licensed proprietary school and is not accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation. Graduates of this program are not eligible for licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant in Ohio.
High School diploma or equivalency is required.
Specifics About the Course:
- Classes are divided into two components: Home study learning /lecture and Clinical Lab experience
- Learning /lecture – is done at your own pace on your schedule (approximately total 300 hours).
- Clinical Lab experience – Students are required to complete hands-on practical training at a pre-approved clinical setting.
- Course Materials – are included.
- Tutoring – One-on-one communication with your instructor.
- Exam Preparation – FREE CERTIFICATION PREPARATION prior to students taking their certification exams.
- Certification Exams are administered on site at clinical lab session.
- Clinical Class size – Class sizes are kept small to maximize instructor to student learning.
- Payment – affordable, interest free, low monthly payment plans.
- Tuition $998
- Separate Registration Fee $260
- Completion Time: The length of this program is (approximately 500 hours).
Industry Certification Exam & State Credential:
Students will be prepared to take an approved state and/or nationally recognized industry certification or licensure exam in their field of study.
Most states regulate the duties that dental assistants are allowed to perform through licensure, registration or certification. Dental Assistant Certification is an acknowledgment of a dental assistant’s qualifications and professional competence and may be an asset when seeking employment. Contact your state to learn more about certification requirements.