Study From Home
GET TRAINED & NATIONALLY CERTIFIED in a few days. National Certification Included in Tuition.
New Career Training Institute’s accelerated home study Bookkeeping program features a blended 240-hours of online lecture or paper-based study material in the comfort of your own home, and mentoring to prepare you for a new career.. National Certification Included in Tuition.
How long does it take to complete this program?
This program is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace.
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a full time basis is about 4 weeks
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a part time basis is about 6 weeks
Bookkeeping and accounting clerks document and record financial data. This information is used for reports, research, financial statements and payroll.
In smaller offices, bookkeepers handle all finances, prepare deposits, record income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts and prepare reports. In larger accounting departments, bookkeepers may specialize in entry-level accounting, monitoring of loans, handling accounts payable and receivables, or payroll. Auditing clerks verify the records that other workers enter and correct errors made by others.
Bookkeepers and accounting clerks use computing software and computerized spreadsheets to track and compute accounting records, and word-processing software to respond to customers.
New Career Training Institutes bookkeeping certificate program is designed for students to develop the understanding of entry level bookkeeping, learn the basic functions:
- analyzing business transactions
- general ledger and journal process
- accounts receivable and payable
- payroll and taxes
- accounting adjustments
- financial statements
- Accruals and deferrals
- Double entry bookkeeping
- Error correction and reconciliation
- General ledger entries
- Internal controls and fraud prevention
- Inventory management and valuation
- Payroll (including employee earnings and deductions)
What are some potential job titles?
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
Bookkeepers can work in varies industries such as:
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Retail trade
- Finance and insurance
- Wholesale trade
- Health care
Many bookkeeping, accounting and auditing clerks work full time. About 25% of bookkeepers work on a part time basis. The median pay level for bookkeepers is about $34,030 per year.
Career Outlook for Certified Bookkeepers
The career outlook for Bookkeepers and the comparable job titles of accounting technicians and accounting clerks is bright. Per the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics as of 2010 there 1,898,300 bookkeeping professionals working in accounting related fields. The USBLS projects that these jobs will by 14% by 2020, adding more than a quarter of a million new professionals to the field.
Specifics About the Course:
- Classes are divided into two components: Home study learning /lecture and Clinical Lab experience
- Learning /lecture – is done at your own pace on your schedule (approximately total 240 hours).
- Clinical Lab experience – Students are required to complete hands-on practical training at a pre-approved clinical setting.
- Course Materials – are included.
- Tutoring – One-on-one communication with your instructor.
- Exam Preparation – FREE CERTIFICATION PREPARATION prior to students taking their certification exams.
- Certification Exams are administered on site at clinical lab session.
- Clinical Class size – Class sizes are kept small to maximize instructor to student learning.
- Payment – affordable, interest free, low monthly payment plans.
- Tuition $799
- Separate Registration Fee $260
- Completion Time: The length of this program is (approximately 240 hours).
Complete your course work online, through the mail, or in combination.
You can study either via the paper-based or the online method: Click here for a full breakdown of how it Works