Study From Home and Participate in live hands-on/practical clinical internship
GET TRAINED & NATIONALLY CERTIFIED in a few days. National Certification Included in Tuition.
New Career Training Institute’s accelerated home study Veterinary Assistant program features a blended 200-hours of online lecture or paper-based study material in the comfort of your own home, and a required two days of live hands-on/practical clinical internship with a Licensed instructor held in a classroom lab or healthcare setting that will give you real-life experience you can put on your résumé and prepare you for a
new career. National Certification Included in Tuition.
How long does it take to complete this program?
This program is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace.
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a full time basis is about 4 weeks
*Average completion time for this program if you study on a part time basis is about 6 weeks
A veterinary assistant loves animals. They are dedicated to treating domestic animals – from birds and reptiles to cats and dogs – and believe they all deserve compassionate medical care.
The veterinary assistant training program at New Career Training Institute will teach you how to:
- Sterilize lab and surgical equipment
- Provide routine post-operative care
- Clean teeth
- Help the veterinary team with animal nursing
- Administer medication orally or topically as prescribed by the veterinarian
- Draw blood
- Collect other lab specimens
- Prepare samples for lab examination under supervision
- Assist in surgeries
Complete your course work online, through the mail, or in combination.
You can study either via the paper-based or the online method: Click here for a full breakdown of how it Works
Specifics About the Course:
- Classes are divided into two components: Home study learning /lecture and Clinical Lab experience
- Learning /lecture – is done at your own pace on your schedule (approximately total 200 hours).
- Clinical Lab experience – Students are required to complete hands-on practical training at a pre-approved clinical setting.
- Course Materials – are included.
- Tutoring – One-on-one communication with your instructor.
- Exam Preparation – FREE CERTIFICATION PREPARATION prior to students taking their certification exams.
- Certification Exams are administered on site at clinical lab session.
- Clinical Class size – Class sizes are kept small to maximize instructor to student learning.
- Payment – affordable, interest free, low monthly payment plans.
- Tuition $799
- Separate Registration Fee $260
- Completion Time: The length of this program is (approximately 200 hours).
Job Outlook New Career Training Institute’s veterinary assistant classes will prepare you for success in this rewarding field. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of veterinary assistants is expected to grow 14 percent nationally through 2020.
Employment Veterinary assistants can find work in a wide range of environments, such as private veterinary clinics, animal hospitals and animal shelters. Some animal hospitals and shelters operate 24 hours a day, which may make rotating shifts available.